Air Sniper Overview

How Air Sniper Works

In mid-July the basement of our home flooded. We had to replace baseboards, rip up carpet, shop-vac the cement and walls, and bring in about 5 fans to dry the place off. Unfortunately, our basement has no windows so there was no airflow to remove the musty smell and we were unable to completely avoid mold that had developed as a result. In mid-July in Calgary, temperatures reached 30 degrees and so that coupled with the water damage made the entire room stifling and the smell just would not go away. We tried everything: Febreeze, baking soda for the carpet, about 3 different odor-remover sprays; nothing worked. We are trying to sell our house so you can imagine the panic we were in to remove the smell and the risk of mold from our basement in an economy where houses are having difficulty selling as it is. We were given the opportunity to try out the Air Sniper and I am truly in shock after using it for 2 days:
There is no more smell.

I want to emphasize that point: in just two days there is no more smell. Zero. After one day we noticed a substantial difference. After two days it is completely gone. The air in our basement is fresh. It’s CLEAN. We didn’t have to try and cover the smell with overpowering perfumes (which didn’t work anyway). There were body odor smells, mold spores, overpowering humid smells. Now, there is nothing. We are going to be able to bring potential buyers into our home and will have no fear of bringing them into our basement, which is a huge selling feature in our area (having a developed basement).

I cannot express enough how, a) surprised I am at how quickly it worked, and b) how well it actually worked. This product is amazing and I am so thankful that we were able to use it. Our house lists in 2 days, we are now ready to sell, and I am forever going to be an Air Sniper advocate.

-Caitlyn Russell

News

Alpine Innovative Research Signs Deal With NexTech AR Solutions
August 21, 2019

We are pleased to announce that we have signed a deal with NexTech AR Solutions. The use of AR will assist in communicating to our customers how Air Sniper Equipment integrates into their facility. We see AR as an effective tool for our clients and their experience with Air Sniper equipment.

Click the link below to read the full press release from NexTech.

https://www.nextechar.com/post_press/nextech-signs-ar-ecommerce-deal-with-cannabis-air-purification-company-alpine-innovative-research-inc/

The Importance of Proximity and Intensity When Irradiating Pathogens
August 7, 2019

Intensity plays a role in the effective irradiation of airborne contaminants. Due to the size of certain microorganisms they require higher doses of UVC to become inert. The Inverse square law states that light is less effective the farther away from the source. We have designed all our products to maximize the intensity inside the unit by using multiple UVC bulbs in a small space. The use of multiple bulbs ensures proper intensity is provided to irradiate both small and large microorganisms.

Why UVC LED Bulbs are Not Yet a Substitute for Traditional UVC Bulbs
July 31, 2019

AIR is focused on providing innovative technology using only the highest-quality materials. UVC LED bulbs have potential to be a substitute for traditional mercury UVC bulbs however, they still have many drawbacks. LED bulbs lack the equivalent intensity of traditional mercury bulbs. This becomes an issue when using them to irradiate pathogens as intensity plays a critical role. Approximately 50 UVC LED bulbs are required to provide the same intensity as a single 36-watt mercury UVC bulb. Overheating is also an issue with the UVC LED bulbs as they are only able to convert approximately 5% of the input into light. The other 95% is converted to heat. This heat must be quickly removed to keep the bulb below the maximum operating temperature and prevent failure. The drawbacks that occur with the use of UVC LED bulbs prevent effective use of the technology currently. Read the full article here: https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/products/led/heat-light-uvc-leds-2017-09/

The Use of PCO Elements
July 24, 2019

The use of Photocatalytic Oxidation is a technology developed by NASA. This technology is incorporated into our stand-alone units to maximize irradiation inside the unit. Patented PCO elements create an effect within the unit that assists the UVC in irradiating 99.9% of pathogens on the first pass. Multiple PCO elements inside each unit are composed of a stainless-steel weave with anatase titanium dioxide to assist the UVC bulbs in the destruction of pathogens. PCO elements are used inside the stand-alone units as there is less dwell time compared to the in-line units. The use of this technology combined with multiple UVC bulbs ensures maximum irradiation of pathogens is achieved when inside your facility.

Read More From AIR